Sunday, August 27, 2006

Karly

For anyone who has seen my VINPET site and read the About Page, you know that the whole idea of taking photographs of pets was in large part inspired by our friends’ dog Molly. Molly was a 12-year-old Brittany that I was able to take pictures of before she passed away. Now her owners, Gug and Lori, will forever have a beautiful record of their beloved family member.

As any dog owner knows, lost pets can never be replaced. I am happy to report though that Karley is the latest member of the family and a positive new chapter in their lives.

She is a young small mixed breed that was rescued from a local Santa Paula shelter. Being in constant play mode with that puppy exuberance, she lights up any room she enters. When you look at her bright eyes and perpetual smile, its hard not to feel like everything is going to be OK with the world.

Here are a few snapshots I took.

Get the ball, get the ball, get the ball.


Karly in action.


Jump Shot.


Ready for her close-up.


Thanks Karly for being a continuing part of my inspiration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those dog pictures are so cute. You can feel it's energy. They made me smile.

Anonymous said...

Vinnie,
Your blog site is great! Love all the pictures. Carly (we can talk about the spelling later) is gorgeous in her pics. Loved seeing all the different venues as well. Hey, I'd like to be supporting your tees in SB. Which one should I start with?
XoXo Lorie

Chris Battle said...

Wow-- cool pics! I would suggest taking pictures of Jasper, but I think all he'd do is sit there looking at you wondering when you're gonna feed him.