Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tech Art on Display @ the School of Cinematic Arts open house

This past weekend USC's School of Cinematic Arts hosted an open house for donors and the press showing off their new state of the art media complex. Five prints from my Tech Art series were on display in the main lobby of the Hugh Hefner Wing as part of the event. It was exciting to have my work in front of all the guests that included Geroge Lucas, Steven Speilberg, Sean Penn, Tom Cruise... ok, ok, enough name dropping... but is was a thrill to display my work for the best of the film community. Thanks to Dean Daley for her support. Photos by Roberto Gomez.


Dean Daley and I with "Cinerama Camera No. 3" and "Goldberg Projection Reel" on the wall


Tech Art prints help dress the room


Mitchell Three Strip Camera

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos, Vince....I hope your display is permanent! Can't say ENUF about your fine photo preservation of the grand old movie industry's master pieces. Know your FANS! I patiently (not so much) await the day I am blessed to have your work on my DULL< DULL>DULL office walls!! Lets talk matting! ..........and, perhaps the orange (Chemist, L.H. Baekeland - circa 1909) bakelite handles. yah? This will make my orange carpet stripes POP! 9a-on-hold.

Tammie Lee said...

Looks fab ~ you and those walls!