Friday, November 07, 2008

vinpix blog, 100th entry

This entry marks my 100th entry in the ‘ole blogspot. The experience of shooting new things have been made a little richer by my ability to share with my five loyal readers. Much thanks to Chris Battle who back in the day encouraged me to start a blog. And to Christy Nicolay and Pam Z who were the subjects of my first entry, click here to view. At this point I think my favorite image is of my favorite person. Click here to view the dramatic Christmas shot of my Queen.

The world now finds itself at the dawn of new possibility and growth. I can’t help but to feel inspired by the events around me. I hope that I personally can live on this planet as an example of positivity and prosperity that supports the harmony the world seeks.

Gain and loss. Even as I celebrate with everyone the new positive tone of our country, Donna and I have suffered a loss today. Those of you who have been to our home have all seen our gi-normous gold fish. I purchased her 13 years ago and she passed away today. She lived 12 years and six months longer than I thought she would. Always offering an enthusiastic greeting to anyone who approached the tank or a big messy splash of her tail in appreciation of food, she was a joy to have as a member of our family. Even our cat, Mickey will now need a new routine in the morning instead of rushing to the tank every feeding time begging for a taste of the smelly fish flakes. Stupid fish. She will be missed.

A picture of Fishy shot in 2006 sporting her tumorous chapeau that would eventually take her life. Despite her "second brain" her inner Moby Dick shined through to the very end.


But today is also a beautiful day. Warm and sunny. I’m excited to live, create and give. I look forward to sharing with you what I see. Be well all.

2 comments:

Chris Battle said...

Congrats & condolences, my friend.

We gotta grab a few drinks soon-- we're overdue!

Tammie Lee said...

I have been scrolling through your blog,really wonderful and diverse. This post sure is poignant and inspirational.

It is sad that fishy is gone, but wow that fish lived a long time! I love this colorful photo of fishy!